Re: Storyboarding for an Established Application

Subject: Re: Storyboarding for an Established Application
From: jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:28:52 -0500

My guess:Â

Someone feels that the pop-up help is going to be weak inÂ

* giving a top-down overview

* describing how parts of the system relate to each other

* describing how users navigate from one part to anotherÂ

Since a storyboard is (in essence) a visual narrative, it makes sense for conveying that type of overview and workflow information.Â

My take:Â

Don't get hung up on formal systems. Screen captures with connecting arrows and highlights on screen elements that might otherwise be missed should do it.Â

But, I'm not in your shoes, so what do I know?

Good luck,

Jim Shaeffer