RE: I had to say it because I was afraid no one else would

Subject: RE: I had to say it because I was afraid no one else would
From: "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:47:14 -0500

Mike,

Where, in my post, did I request any sort of critique on my secretarial
or my technical writing skills??

Perhaps you missed the part about me working as a secretary back then,
not as a tech writer. I believe your use of the term "smart-asses" to be
as insulting as it is uncalled for... My own bosses directed me to
correct their own work as part of my responsibilities, so "correcting
others" WAS, actually, the position in which I'd been placed, at their
request. I'd been asked to do this one favor for a man with whom I'd
never worked before and while I've learned many lessons in the last
twenty years, one that never ceases to astound me is that there are so
many people willing to pounce on any opportunity to publicly embarrass
someone when they were merely trying to do their part.

That entire post was written tongue-in-cheek and your inability to see
the humor in it does not grant you the right to criticize me so
blithely.

People like you, Mike, are one of the reasons I so rarely post on this
list. Put your claws away and next time, just hit the delete key.

http://www.doctohelp.com