RE: The Agile / Xtreme TW

Subject: RE: The Agile / Xtreme TW
From: "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: "'CL T'" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:14:14 -0700

> Agile/XP is one of those "things" you either DO or do not.
> It doesn't work "half-assed".
>
> <snip>...
>
> As for the writer being left out of the loop?

Right, and every Agile methodology I've looked at brings
documentation into the fold (or at least pays lip service
to doing so). I'm most familiar with Scrum, which if done
right should have documentation in the backlog for every
sprint, and should have documentation present at the daily
scrum meeting.

If that isn't happening (or the equivalent in whatever Agile
variant you are using), I would agree that you are not doing
Agile and it's time to get out the fire ax and break in.

Richard Hamilton

Managing Writers: A Real World Guide to Managing Technical Documentation
http://xmlpress.net/managingwriters.html

http://www.doctohelp.com