Re: Uplifting reading: Why Technical Writing Jobs Are Among the Best Writing Options in an Economic Depression?

Subject: Re: Uplifting reading: Why Technical Writing Jobs Are Among the Best Writing Options in an Economic Depression?
From: Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:35:39 -0800

For those of us who lived thru the last 2 recessions (I got my first
tech writing job in 1991), we know that one of the first things that
happens is writers are laid off in large numbers. So perhaps if you
weren't around in for either of the last 2, it seems writers would be
needed.

Companies decide that they can do without it or outsource it or...
writers seem a luxury to companies.

After all, anyone can write, can't they? Didn't we all have to learn
to write in high school? How hard can it be?

--
sharon
From web

http://www.doctohelp.com