RE: Replacement for XMetal

Subject: RE: Replacement for XMetal
From: "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: "'John Posada'" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, 'List, Techwriter' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:25:36 -0700

John,

For XML/DITA, it's hard to beat Oxygen, which does nearly
anything you could want from an XML editor, and is less
expensive than Xmetal (under $400 vs. $1,400+ last time I
checked).

There is a free trial, too.

And, if you want to get down and dirty with XML, you can
always go for emacs, which has modes to support XML.

Best Regards,
Richard Hamilton

Managing Writers: A Real World Guide to Managing Technical Documentation
http://xmlpress.net/managingwriters.html

milton.net

http://www.doctohelp.com