RE: Is anyone familiar with Lectora e-learning software?

Subject: RE: Is anyone familiar with Lectora e-learning software?
From: David Hailey <david -dot- hailey -at- usu -dot- edu>
To: Brigitte Johnston <johnstonbrigitte -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:58:32 -0700

Hi Brigitte,

The software you chose depends on what kind of instruction you plan to produce. Very large and very interactive instruction goes well beyond Camtasia or Captivate. I can't address Lectora, because I have never seen it. I use Adobe's new eLearning Suite to build instruction. It includes Captivate, but I don't use it -- I build instructional websites, not PPT projects. I use Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, plus Premier and Camtasia for managing my videos.

I just produced a review of the CS4 eLearning Suite if you would like to see it. It will appear in an ATTW venue so there isn't much chance you can see it otherwise. http://imrl.usu.edu/cs4review/ArtEvaluationofAdobeCS4.pdf

David E. Hailey, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Professional and Technical Communication
Utah State University

david -dot- hailey -at- usu -dot- edu
1 435 797 2741