RE: "Select" in lieu of other verbs

Subject: RE: "Select" in lieu of other verbs
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:35:52 -0800

She asked us our opinion. Do we only give it if we agree with her?

-Brian Henderson
Mitchell 1
www.mitchell1.com

-----Original Message----- From: Dan Goldstein

> Press or touch define how you are selecting the choice...in
> all instances you are still selecting. You either select or you enter.
> Select for anything that you pick and enter for anything
> where you type.
>
> It makes life easier.

It makes life easier for *your* audience, John. Some companies' users
prefer to be told specifically to click, touch, press the spacebar, etc.

Madelyn should write for her own audience, not yours or mine.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified
that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing
or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake,
please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original
message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2009 is your all-in-one authoring and
publishing
http://www.doctohelp.com

Help & Manual 5: The complete help authoring tool for individual authors
and teams. Professional power, intuitive interface. Write once, publish
to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/brian.henderson%40mit
chell1.com

http://www.doctohelp.com