RE: templates/resources for creating training materials

Subject: RE: templates/resources for creating training materials
From: "Sarah Blake" <Sarah -dot- Blake -at- microfocus -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:07:29 -0000

A lot depends on what training materials you're being asked to create,
and what resources you have available.

Is this material that someone else is going to present? Will there be
labs? Or is it for self-training (in which case do you have Captivate
available?)

On the assumption that you're being asked to create the traditional
powerpoint course, I'd suggest:
1. Find out whether these slides need to be printable. Design any
animations accordingly!
2. If these slides /are/ going to be printed for participants, the
notes pages are your new best friend. Pare down the detail in the
slides as much as possible, and then pare some more; everything you
remove can go in the notes pages as reference.

If you have a background in /giving/ training you at least know what
kind of material you're going to need :)

Sarah Blake
Senior Technical Author
Micro Focus

http://www.doctohelp.com