Re: blog on a thumb drive?

Subject: Re: blog on a thumb drive?
From: Scott Bulloch <scott -dot- bulloch -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:01:44 -0700

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but here's one I've used in the past:

A portable webserver: http://www.pendriveapps.com/software/portable-web-servers/
and
Wordpress: http://wordpress.org/

You install the portable web server on your thumbdrive, then extract
Wordpress as a subfolder in the proper location. You create your MySQL
database and tell Wordpress to use that as your database. Everything
is contained inside the portable web server's location on your
thumbdrive.

You do have to start the portable server to access the blog, and stop
it when you're done. You use your web browser to access the blog.

http://www.doctohelp.com