Re: Wrong? Poor style? OK?

Subject: Re: Wrong? Poor style? OK?
From: David Dorbin <ddorbin -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:11:02 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, as opposed to its grammaticality.
But I've been thinking about this for a few minutes now, and Nancy, you seem to respect your editor, but I have to ask: is "needs a noun somewhere" really the most helpful way to edit that sentence? If there were no noun anywhere, it would be brilliant, like "this sentence no verb." But here we are still discussing it, and we're not *completely* sure whether she was referring to the adverbial phrase acting as a DO, or the "there are."