RE: Prompts to change templates -- can you stop them?

Subject: RE: Prompts to change templates -- can you stop them?
From: "Downing, David" <david -dot- downing -at- fiserv -dot- com>
To: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:48:22 -0500

<<I had one user in particular who thought it was his "duty" to change all the formatting in any document he looked at. :-\>>

Honestly -- the nerve of some people.

I'm not actually looking to prevent styles from being changed. What I'm trying to do is prevent something that happens if I make a change that affects the document template. I'm trying to get rid of that message that shows up when you save the document that says "Do you also want to save changes to the document template?" I want to be able to tell Word that I never want to also save changes to the document template and stop asking me about it.

David Downing
Senior Technical Writer
Credit Union Solutions
Fiserv