Word 2007 concise advice re: templates

Subject: Word 2007 concise advice re: templates
From: heidi -dot- liebl -dot- slabinski -at- gmail -dot- com
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:57:10 +0000

Hi folks

I'm transitioning to Word 2007. I'm looking for concise
advice and gotchas regarding templates and styles.

I've been using Word for many years and know how to
create solid templates and style sets supported by
autotext, keyboard shortcuts, toolbars, and simple
macros; I've been able to manage very very large
documents and share some fairly successfully.

Now using 2007, I almost feel like I'm starting over
as a newbie, and it's really annoying. I'm not happy
with the templates and documents I've produced so
far. I'm wondering how much of what I know about
previous versions still applies, and how/if anything
has fundamentally changed, and how I need to adapt.

I've searched online, but so far have not found what I'm
looking for. I don't *think* I need beginner-level stuff.
I'd like concise info about how/why stuff works the way
it does in 2007 and the best way to create and maintain
solid templates and docs, keeping the integrity of styles.
Is it too soon to expect to find such info online?

Must I wade through tedious tutorials and expensive books,
gleaning only small nuggets of value along the way?

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

http://www.doctohelp.com