Internal thesaurus

Subject: Internal thesaurus
From: "Boudreaux, Madelyn (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <MadelynBoudreaux -at- ge -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:37:11 -0400

Has anyone ever see a customizable thesaurus for internal uses, either
as an addition to existing programs (Word, etc.) or as a standalone
product? Barring that, has anyone come up with a way to do this on their
own?

We are attempting to make life very easy for engineers, so they can
start using the right words for things without having to stop, look up a
word, and find the preferred word. The current document is a
spreadsheet, which does not epitomize ease of use.

Google turned up some info on editing the xml-based thesaurus on a
server environment, but while it looked incredibly easy, I can't find
the documents I'd need to edit in my version of Word 2000. I know one
can buy and add new dictionaries to Word; it seems like doing the same
for the thesaurus would be fairly easy.

Sincerely, genuinely, in all sincerity, in good faith, really, truly,
truthfully, wholeheartedly, without equivocation,
Madelyn

http://www.doctohelp.com