Web-based interface issues

Subject: Web-based interface issues
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:00:08 -0400

Hi All,

Following up on the GUI question, I have my own GUI question, but as it
relates to web-based interfaces.

When I use my browser to open up a software application... what is the
most commonly used terminology:

Window
Screen

I don't want to refer to browser all the time, since our users know they
are a browser window... basically, its the same as any software, with
dialog boxes, command buttons, option boxes, etc. The legacy
documentation refers to screens and windows, with no consistency... so
I'd like to pick the name for the main display (with menu bars,
commands, information etc.) that is consistent and clear.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I've probably forgotten
tons of info that you need to give me some wise ideas.

Thanks!

Deborah
http://www.tech-challenged.com

http://www.doctohelp.com