RE: My website saga, part 1 - transferring domain name

Subject: RE: My website saga, part 1 - transferring domain name
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: "'Traci Pearson'" <pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:59:02 -0400

Traci,

I highly recommend you do some comparison shopping. I have heard nothing
but bad things about godaddy, while others have heard good things. Look for
a company that has great uptime stats, good tech support, and good low cost
options. Try findmyhosting.com for starters, and check with cdnet and other
big IT sites for buyers' guides, etc.

For what it's worth, I use ICDSoft... the BEST tech support I have ever had
(usually less than 20 minutes to reply to a ticket), very low cost,
easy-to-use dashboard control, excellent uptime stats. I've hosted my own
site with them for more than 6 years, and I manage five other sites hosted
with them (you get a discount the more sites you host). Works out to less
than $7 a month for a site.

Good luck

Connie Giordano