pronouns in resumes

Subject: pronouns in resumes
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:15:05 -0700

This is old news, Milan, but still relevant, IMHO. I think those who still
lean on the resume as the screening tool of choice go by the ancient
guidelines, so compliance is a good thing. I've done my best to knock out as
many pronouns as possible
in my resume. There are some instances, however, where usage cannot be
avoided; you'll know the exception as you stumble across it in yours.

And no, the sporadic pronoun isn't sufficient enough for me to place the
resume in the B, C, or File 13 pile....unless every entry starts off with a
pronoun or there is overuse thereof. Sorry, but this does tend to "speak
volumes" when there are so many resumes in the A pile.