Re: Documenting two similar interfaces

Subject: Re: Documenting two similar interfaces
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Sarah Blake <Sarah -dot- Blake -at- microfocus -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:24:49 -0400

Sit the project manager, product manager, and other project leads down
and bring this up. Ask which will be the default UI, not just when
installed, but how it will be marketed and pitched. If they want both
documented, find out if they want them in the same Help file or as two
different Help files (in which case it's up to the dev folks to point
to the right one from the right skin). As for authoring, I would push
for two different help files and single-source the content,
conditioning for classic and ribbon.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.