HTML, XHTML and CSS (Visual Quick-Start Guide)

Subject: HTML, XHTML and CSS (Visual Quick-Start Guide)
From: Paul Hanson <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:01:42 -0500

I forwarded the email in which Rob was characterized as a "lazy author" to Rob since he is not on this list and cannot do anything about the issues cited below if he does not know about them.

Rob replied
<quote>
"Thanks for the information. You can let the folks in this email know that if they'd like to contact me directly, they are welcome to do so.

Rob Huddleston
Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Developer and Instructor Adobe Community Help Expert Moderator Sierra Adobe User Group Manager - http://groups.adobe.com/groups/0fb1f22aea

Read my blog at www.robhuddleston.com or follow me on twitter: @robhuddles
</quote>
Thanks.

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
Quintrex Data Systems http://www.quintrex.com
email: phanson at quintrex.com

> A case-in-point is the book *HTML, XHTML and CSS (Visual Quick-Start Guide),
> *by Rob Huddleston uses the exact wording for every CSS
> command, and in
> about 5 cases, didn't bother to update the text from the
> previous command,
> so that the text didn't even apply to the section. It was
> very disappointing
> to see that in an expensive published book.

"Disappointing" would be an understatement. Troubling for
other reasons - you'd wonder what _else_ the lazy author
had ignored / let slide / got wrong.

You'd also wonder what you were paying big bucks to a
big publishing company for, if not ... what was that
ancient and disused word again? ... oh yeah... editing.

- Kevin

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.