Re: Need help w/master docs in OpenOffice 3.x

Subject: Re: Need help w/master docs in OpenOffice 3.x
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Jean Hollis Weber <jean05 -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:03:31 +0530

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Jean Hollis Weber<jean05 -at- jeanweber -dot- com> wrote:
> Might be easier if I contact you offlist about diagnosing what's causing your
> crashes.

I think some of us would be grateful to have it on-list :) but I hope
Sarah will post a summary at the end of the diagnosis, at least, to
warn other OOoW users.

Not intending to get in the way or usurp Jean's debugging process, but
I'm unable to find this info either in Sarah's post here, or on the
OOo forums. So, Sarah, could you please answer these:

* Is there an error message/dialog or other output at the time OOoW
crashes? If yes, could you please let us know what that is?

* Have you gotten a procedure for reproducing the failure
consistently, preferably with a small sample set of documents that you
can share with others (I imagine your actual work docs cannot be
shared)? If yes, could you post the steps you take to cause the crash,
and upload a zip of your master doc + 2 or 3 child docs to a free
sharing site like mediafire.com, and include the URL to the zip in
your post?

* In what file format are you saving the master and child documents?

* Have you seen
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20955
(and from there,
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
) ? If you haven't tried resetting your user profile, would you mind
trying that?

Thanks,
Ed.
--