RE: Manuals on rental cars

Subject: RE: Manuals on rental cars
From: "Kathy Bowman" <Kathy -dot- Bowman -at- au -dot- saabgroup -dot- com>
To: "Ken Poshedly" <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>, "Ladonna Weeks" <ladonnaweeks -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:05:21 +0930

I was using a hire car which had a manual. The air conditioning had two
options we could find - freezing or deadly hot. I referred to the
included manual only to find that the air conditioning unit described in
the manual was completely different from the unit in the car. Sigh...
Kath

"
Regarding this manual-in-cars thread, I guess you don't really know how
it will bother you until the moment you need it.

This past weekend I was sent to Houston, TX, to watch and talk with
crewmembers as they used three of my company's concrete pump trucks to
pour several feet of concrete from around midnight until 8 or 9 a.m. for
the huge base of a new Embassy Suites Hotel going up there.
(It was 35 feet down from street level and really was quite neat, sort
of like watching three contraptions from War of the Worlds at a feeding
pit.)

Low and behold, the brand new Dodge (only 4 miles on the odometer) was
furnished with no manual. I asked about one from the National Car Rental
clerk in the exit shanty near the airport and I was told "they (the
cars) don't have them anymore."

I was just dying to reset the clock (which was five or six hours and
many minutes off kilter), but didn't have the time myself to investigate
what to do; God help me if I had to change a flat tire and needed to
locate the jack and accompanying tools.

And yes, I'm sure various of you will chime on with exactly what I
should have done.

But then, you weren't there at the time, were you?

Anyway, keep supplying the darn books for the cars.

-- Kenpo in Atlanta"

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.