RE: Examples of Minimalist Writing

Subject: RE: Examples of Minimalist Writing
From: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
To: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:46:21 -0700

I did miss your caveat--and of course, since audience apprehension is
beholden on the communicator, that's your fault. Perhaps if you had used
a the Minimalist paradigm, it would have been less confusing. (Just
kidding!)

As the discussion has proven, you are absolutely right, and there is a
huge disconnect between what many tech writers think of when they hear
"minimalism" and what Minimalism actually is. And as you suggest,
theories (such as Minimalism) are meant to enhance what we do.

Leonard