Re: Tools versus skill set

Subject: Re: Tools versus skill set
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:51:38 -0700

If it was a recruiter rather than the company, then the recruiter as the person
trying to sell the candidate is "the champion.". This will be anywhere from
somewhat less useful than an internal champion within the company to totally
useless, but the person who initiated the contact is still the go-to person to
take her side of the tool/skill argument to. As I said, it is a *potential*
bright spot, and if it's not there, then the entire effort will likely be an
exercise in futility.

Gene Kim-Eng