Web 2.0 and eLearning

Subject: Web 2.0 and eLearning
From: Kevin McGowan <thatguy_80 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:53:05 -0400

Hi folks,

We're looking for a speaker(s) for an event where we'll be discussing leveraging Web 2.0 technologies in learning design.

Here's the rough overview:

Presentation Synopsis:
User-generated content and information sharing are the key principles of Web 2.0 tools such as Flickr, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Users are increasingly turning to these tools to add content and share ideas both at home and in the workplace. The purpose of this presentation is to look at how these Web 2.0 tools can be applied in learning design. More specifically, it may address the following:

- What are the strengths and weaknesses of using these media in course design?
- What are the benefits of using one media over another (wikis, discussion groups, podcasting, etc.)?
- How do you effectively evaluate the success of these tools in learning?

If anyone in the Ottawa area has any suggestions (or would like to be a speaker at the event), please let me know.

Cheers,

Kevin

New! Get to Messenger faster: Sign-in here now!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677407

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.