Certification and Compliance Marks

Subject: Certification and Compliance Marks
From: "Chinell, David F (GE EntSol, Security)" <David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:49:54 -0400

Staff:

I'm writing in an attempt to head off any confusion about recent work by
our Product Regulatory Committee (PRC).

Janusz Pankowski and the PRC are doing important and valuable work for
GE Security, work that should bring us into better compliance with the
standards and regulations that apply to our products. They are currently
circulating and discussing a paper on certification and compliance
marks. Should your compliance engineers mention this to you, please
remember that nothing gets added or changed in our product information
until Michele and I have worked with the PRC to determine applicability
and formulate an implementation plan.

In other words, remember that new material has to be approved by Michele
or I, and that any changes must be in our templates or style guide (or
both) before we change our process or products.

Bear

David Chinell

Editor-in-Chief

GE

Security

T +1 941 739 4281

M +1 941 720 7067

F +1 941 308 8124

E david -dot- chinell -at- ge -dot- com

8985 Town Center Parkway

Bradenton, FL 34202, USA

GE Security, Inc.

GE imagination at work

Note: This message is intended only for the designated recipient.

It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be

subject to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality

protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not

review, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this in error,

please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Thank you.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.