Re: Guide to Visio for FrameMaker users?

Subject: Re: Guide to Visio for FrameMaker users?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:07:40 -0700

That's fine for the first revision, but when, for example, I add
another column or row to a flowchart, changing the proportions of the
drawing from 3x4 to 3x5 or 4x4, it's only one step to resize the page
to fit the drawing in Visio.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Combs, Richard
<richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com> wrote:
> I do quite the opposite. When I start a new Visio drawing, I decide what
> size it needs to be on the FM page, and I set the drawing's Page Size to
> exactly that custom size. Then I make the drawing fit that page. When I
> import the drawing into FM (as a PDF -- the best option, IMHO), it comes
> in at 100% and fits exactly as I intended.
>
> Robert Lauriston wrote:
>> My main tip: when linking to or embedding a Visio doc, in Visio,
>> select File > Page Setup > Page Size tab > Page Size > "Size to fit
>> drawing contents" to get rid of the white space. Repeat this any time
>> you add or delete elements that change the size of the drawing.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.