Re: Landscape vs. Portrait

Subject: Re: Landscape vs. Portrait
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:23:59 -0700

For a PDF, I'd make just that one page landscape and leave the rest of
the document alone. Works fine, in my experience.

Alternatively, you could rotate the illustration 90 degrees, place it
on a portrait page, generate the PDF, and manually rotate that page 90
degrees in the PDF. Then, if the users did print, the header and
footer would be the same for that page as for others.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Latella, Vincent
<VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who has provided input; at this point, I'm leaning
> toward landscape.
>
> -Robert asked how the guide would be distributed / bound (if print).-
>
> *The guide will be a user-printable .pdf; it will be made available to
> them electronically.  If they decide to print it, they'll use office
> printers.  It won't be professionally bound.* ...

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.