Re: Graphics for hardware instructions

Subject: Re: Graphics for hardware instructions
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:26:20 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
>That might be worth a try.
>Can you ADD to those files?

Not in any of the tools I've seen. You'd need to do some drawing on top of the
3D views.

>Illustrations don't really need to be dimensionally accurate.
>They just need to be clean and representative.

You might be able to spend a *bit* less than the cost of a CAD designer by
looking for people who use MAX or Truespace to build 3D objects for games. But
the end result would still be either shaded 3D renderings or triangle meshes,
both of which would require touchup to convert them into "clean" line art. To
my knowledge there is no such thing as a "clean" 3D line model.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. Easy to use
but still has all the power you need. Get results fast in an intuitive
authoring environment that works like a familiar word processor.
http://www.helpandmanual.com/