Re: The flavor of the day; was: Agile development, user stories, etc.

Subject: Re: The flavor of the day; was: Agile development, user stories, etc.
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:23:13 -0800

Fads are human nature. I'm sure most of us who have been through a few decades
on the job can think of various "next big things" through the years that might
have found their niches if appropriately used but which vanished from the
landscape after being haphazardly applied to everything in sight and producing
some spectacularly bad failures that ruined their images. I have my own list of
things I have seen do this and things I think I will be seeing do it, and I'm
sure my list is different from everyone else's. The bottom line is, it is
possible to make any methodology fail, either by using it badly or by using it
when you shouldn't.

Gene Kim-Eng