RE: I'm now blogging about Agile & TW

Subject: RE: I'm now blogging about Agile & TW
From: Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 05:25:32 -0800 (PST)

Comments inline...

I actually agree with Robert on this one. From the bit I read on Wikipedia,
it sounds like a buzzword-filled methodology forced on a group of people
that doesn't solve most people's problems.

[cud] -- Well, you would have to talk to the people who have used it with success. I have seen it work, and work well. In the process, my job was more fun, and I developed more skills more rapidly. -- [cud]

Kind of like DITA.

How does anything get done in four weeks when there's "extensive planning"?
And how extensive can planning be when it doesn't look long-term? Isn't that
a bit dangerous?

[cud] -- Bite-sized chunks. Don't let your eyes get bigger than your stomach. We used six weeks. The first couple of days were devoted to pulling stories from the backlog and estimating the time. Design and review were included in the estimates. The long-term view is captured in the backlog. -- [cud]

Also, a "manifesto" that's centered and laid out like a poem kind of
frightens me.

[cud] -- You should read "No More Secondhand God" by Buckminster Fuller -- [cud]

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/