Re: Anyone using eXist-db?

Subject: Re: Anyone using eXist-db?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:21:18 -0800

The documentation appears to suck. The first thing I want to read
about an unfamiliar DBMS is a conceptual overview explaining the
architecture, schema definition, and so on, but all I see is stuff
about how to install, configure, and run it. Reminds me of the state
of the Matisse documentation when it first got dumped in my lap.

This academic paper gives some of that: www.exist-db.org/webdb.pdf

It's technically interesting, but it's not clear to me when or why it
would have any advantage over more familiar relational DBMSes.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Ed <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> I was listening this morning to the excellent FLOSS weekly podcast on Leo
> Laporte's TWIT network http://www.twit.tv/FLOSS. This week's topic was on
> the eXist database, which is a fully XML database. http://exist-db.org/
>
> It sounded like it could be perfect for XML-based authoring. Is anyone using
> it in this capacity?

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/