Re: Chapter and page numbers

Subject: Re: Chapter and page numbers
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:43:08 -0800

If you're using FrameMaker, and have set up your page numbering
correctly, that takes about two seconds, and the renumbering is
automatic.

When I take over a FrameMaker project, I import styles to make sure
that page numbering etc. is consistent throughout the book.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 12:58 AM, David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> I suppose this never has happened to you..
>
> You are facing a tight deadline for a new release...and suddenly, the
> manager decides that the book should be re-ordered a bit--moving a chapter
> to another location in the book.
>
> (Don't laugh--it has happened to me several times over the years).
>
> Suddenly, you must go to each bloody chapter and renumber pages--or at least
> be sure it is all renumbered properly, depending upon how it was done
> originally and the software you are working with for authoring. ...

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/