RE: Question about pay rates

Subject: RE: Question about pay rates
From: "Will Husa" <will -dot- husa -at- 4techwriter -dot- com>
To: "'Keith Hood'" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:04:15 -0600

You should check out the Cost of Living calculator from Salary.com.

You punch in your location and salary. Then punch in your target location.
The system calculates your buying power.

I've used this calculator to judge offers in other states.

For example, I live in Chicago and I get an offer to work in San Diego,
California. The cost of living in San Diego is 11 percent higher than
Chicago, but salaries are 1.5 percent less.

Weight your job offer against that.

Will Husa
Technical Writer
Your source for user-friendly documentation
Phone: 708-927-3569
www.4techwriter.com