RE: Question about pay rates

Subject: RE: Question about pay rates
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:19:22 -0600

Resources such as this are great to a point, Keith. But, of course, the
bigger questions are how much do you need and how much are you worth to
the employer to do the job the way your new boss wants it done? It's not
just cost of living or how much (or how little) they paid the last guy.
Especially if you understand the job and can do it profitably for your
employer.