RE: Translations and addresses

Subject: RE: Translations and addresses
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <madelynboudreaux -at- ge -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:59:59 -0500

You don't really need to make this choice because you are not addressing an envelope or a package. You are simply providing the addresses as reference information, so you can give the complete address in the form that is used in the country where the address is located without agonizing over the decision. Besides, I think the number of cases where a customer in the US or Canada would need to use your company's French address rather than the US address (or conversely, a customer in Europe would nee to use the US address) is quite small.

Another alternative would be to avoid including the country in the address by moving it to a heading-like label (e.g. "In North America:" and "In Europe:").
When faced with a decision like this, it's always useful to think about how the reader will need to use the information (or whether, in fact, they will ever actually use it).

-Fred Ridder
P.S. The spleen is not a digestive organ.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com