Re: Adobe Technical Communications Suite

Subject: Re: Adobe Technical Communications Suite
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:37:24 -0500

> I use Photoshop when it's available, but I'm not sure I could justify
> paying for it. I have both Photoshop and PhotoScape on my personal
> system, and use PhotoScape for simple cropping and resizing since it's
> more efficient.

Right. It all depends on what you need. I know people who would be SOL
without Photoshop, but they're doing way more than dinking around with
screen captures or basic photo handling.

> I don't care what Adobe wants, only whether their suite is a good
> value compared with buying other apps.

True, but you can't knock them for including products that they
actually make and not including products that they not only don't make
but directly compete with theirs. If the TCS isn't a fit for you,
don't buy it. Likewise, I have yet to buy an island in the Caribbean.
It just doesn't make sense for me. My family house on Cape Cod works
just fine for my needs.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

STC Ideas: http://stcideas.ning.com
Join: http://stcideas.ning.com/?xgi=6X1vNGI

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com