RE: What do you do when you don't have anyone with the time to reviewand edit your docs

Subject: RE: What do you do when you don't have anyone with the time to reviewand edit your docs
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Robert Lauriston" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:44:59 -0600

Yes. Reminds me of the time when, fresh out of college, I was taking my
first career job as a news reporter, and the publisher was a Pulitzer
prize-winning author. He came down the stairs, handed me his freshly
typed column, and asked me to proof it. Doubtless responding to my
suddenly elevated eyebrows, he looked at me and said, "Every writer
needs an editor."