Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 51, Issue 18

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 51, Issue 18
From: Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:24:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi all...

I've inherited a RoboHelp project with many topics. I
want to apply uniform formatting to it and get rid of all the other
formatting stuff in there. There's too much legacy formatting, it's
inconsistent, and it's giving me real problems.

I thought maybe
I could easily wipe out all the formatting, and then start fresh,
applying the formatting to each section in a specific order, so I can
reasonably back out formatting, or otherwise control my topics.

Has
anybody encountered this problem? How did you deal with it? Is there
a way to run the HTML files through an HTML cleaner, strip out
everything CSS-related and non-standard, and then start over? Can I do
that to the files where they reside in the project? Will that break my
project? Or must I save all the HTML files outside of RoboHelp domain,
run a cleanup process, and then re-import the HTML into a new RoboHelp
project? Can I re-import in that way?

Any help or insights are greatly appreciated...

cud

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com