Re: Including videos in a Flare Webhelp system

Subject: Re: Including videos in a Flare Webhelp system
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:25:47 -0800

Hi Chris,

There are two Flash video players that I've seen in the wild:
- JWPlayer
- Flowplayer

Both of them offer free license for personal, hobby, or other internal
use, and flexible licensing options for commercial use. You could also
look on source forge for a generic Flash player that doesn't do all
the thinking for you, and wrap it yourself using the SWFObject
javascript library, which is offered under MIT's open source license.

Flash should be able to play the FLV file. I think the Flash players I
mentioned above support a number of formats, including MOV or MP4, but
I haven't had time to test them. We're working directly with SWF
screen captures.

-Tony

--
Tony Chung: Creative Communications