Re: API doc question

Subject: Re: API doc question
From: Richard Mateosian <xrmxrm -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:50:32 -0800

There are differences in the contexts. For example, API documentation
for enterprise software doesn't look much like documentation for a
single widget.

There are differences in technology. Documentation for a Java
framework differs from that for a C++ app, a Perl library, or a set of
web services.

If you use "API docs" loosely to mean any docs for which the target
audience consists of programmers, then you have programming guides,
best practices, sample code, and so forth. ...RM

--

Richard Mateosian <xrm -at- pacbell -dot- net>
Berkeley, California

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com