Mixed feelings (FW: Well its been a good run..)

Subject: Mixed feelings (FW: Well its been a good run..)
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:02:37 -0500

Have you ever wondered if you are being punked... and after investigating a bit... you're still unsure?

Tongue partly in cheek here.

The context is that we are a company that deals in the foundations of information security, and we're very successful at it. Aside from DRM stuff (not me; no flames), we do a lot of very high-end encryption stuff - commercial, government, etc. We make hardware security modules (HSMs) to create and protect crypto keys and to use them and accelerate transactions that use such keys (my division). You use us every time you do a bank or credit-card transaction, for example. We also do a lot of high-volume backbone encryption stuff - heavy-iron link encryptors and such - another division of the company.

So one of our guys sent this around today.

The video is actually nicely made and provides an easy-to-grasp explanation. I like it. I wonder if anyone on the list had a hand in it. ??

The concept is quite plausible. If it's for real, -I'd- use it. Seems almost disloyal to say... :-)

Cool.

- K