Re: Jealousy in the TW workplace?

Subject: Re: Jealousy in the TW workplace?
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:23:55 +0200

At times, the bluster can be shredded quickly enough by putting the
blusterer on the spot.

In the example about the Word Master Document feature, for
instance--it might have been instructive to feign enthusiasm:

"You CAN? That's GREAT!

"Tell you what--let's have a training session with both departments so
you can show everyone how you do it. We'll all bring examples of
Master Document implementations that have not worked properly and you
can demonstrate how to do it right!

"I have another idea--maybe we can video tape it for future
reference--and perhaps to make available to technical writers around
the world who have not been able to figure it out!

"When can you be available for leading the class--I'll get both
managers to approve it!"

I daresay that would shut her up. There's little that seems more
effective than a good "put up or shut up" assertion made in a way they
cannot argue about...

David

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com