Re: Jealousy in the work place

Subject: Re: Jealousy in the work place
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:35:58 -0800 (PST)

I've seen a lot of these kind of personality clashes in the workplace, and I have learned that in this kind of battle, a battle for the heart and mind of the boss, victory always goes to the side that shoots first. You MUST be the one who brings the complaint to the boss first. The boss doesn't care about justice. What the boss wants more than anything else is a quick and easy resolution, so he is always inclined to go with his first impression of the situation, which he will get from the first one to complain. Whoever reaches him first will poison the well for the other, regardless of right.

(It is possible have an uncommon boss, one who would actually spend the time and energy to make a reasoned investigation into the situation and try to find the truth of the matter. But they are very few and very far between.)