Re: Jealousy in the TW Workplace?

Subject: Re: Jealousy in the TW Workplace?
From: Ed <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: false <diamondvapor5 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:00:22 -0500

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM, false <diamondvapor5 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> What is it about this field that seems to bring out the worst in people? Or so it seems. Maybe it is all fields. Come to think of it it may be just everywhere.

Your post hit a lot of buttons for me. I think you have a serious
workplace problem. I suspect that your nemesis has gotten away with
this before, making it even more difficult to solve. A couple of
things for you:

- Don't expect management to look at this situation and decide in your
favor. There might be networks and such that favor this individual.
- Take this to your manager. Document everything.
- Be prepared to go to the next step, such as upper management or HR.
- Look for another job if this one is not worth the everyday pain
you'll go through.

I understand why you focus on this as a tech writer thing. It just may
be true. I know of one place where people are thrust into tech writer
positions with no background or experience. Some have made excellent
writers. Others have the Peter Principle in their favor. It makes for
an interesting business lesson when you see a few of these writers
promoted to upper levels.

--
Ed

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com