Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: Re: How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:18:41 -0400

Dan Goldstein wrote:
> A candidate's past employment history speaks volumes in that regard.
> Some FTEs move from job to job when the market is good, in order to
> broaden their resumes. Other FTEs find a friendly, interesting gig and
> stick with it for the long haul, regardless of other opportunities that
> might arise.
>
> If the FTE is of the second ilk, a smart company will let the job
> broaden over time, in order to keep it interesting.

Does this mean I've only worked for stupid companies? One of last times
I was a FTE (so long ago) or at another, contracting for a "huge"
project with no end in sight (slightly more recently) the companies
drank lye by mistake. I've even been the one who pointed out the label
on the bottle, or so I believe.

(Edward Gorey's "Gashlycrumb Tinies"- J is for James, who drank lye by
mistake.)

Are we Rodney Dangerfield, or are we Dilbert?

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com