RE: Starting over: was re:How do hiring companies view TW resumes?

Subject: RE: Starting over: was re:How do hiring companies view TW resumes?
From: "Boudreaux, Madelyn (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <MadelynBoudreaux -at- ge -dot- com>
To: "Keith Hood" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:56:12 -0400

Keith Hood got devalued:
> he said that the client wasn't willing to pay that much
> and he screwed me down to $27 an hour.

Which brings us full circle back to the "overqualified" thing. They have
pretty much told you that you should jump ship just as soon as you can,
because they're not willing to meet your minimum requirement.

Still, maybe you'll love it and the pay won't be an issue. A great work
environment can make up for a lesser salary.

Some people would suggest talking with them about bumping you up after a
satisfactory probationary period. (I'd say, "I'd suggest..." but I am
terrible at salary negotiations, myself, so I'd be a poseur if I said
such a thing.)

Sincerely,
Madelyn, who could do with a Friday right about now...

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com