RE: Acronym Question

Subject: RE: Acronym Question
From: "Donald H White" <dwhite -at- jrtcllc -dot- com>
To: "'Heather Anderson'" <Heather -dot- Anderson -at- cubrc -dot- org>, "'techwr-l List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:12:37 -0400

The rule I use is to exclude the parenthetical explanation from headings or
titles. If at all possible, I use the full term in a heading or title;
sometimes, that term is either too long or the acronym is so very well known
that I break the "rule."

On another level, I wonder why "Housing Analysis" or "housing analysis" must
become a two-letter abbreviation. (Since the abbreviation, "HA," can be
pronounced, I guess it meets the definition of "acronym," too.) But, that's
just me...

Cheers,

Donald H. White
Senior Technical Communicator