RE: DocBook and the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)

Subject: RE: DocBook and the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
From: "Richard L Hamilton" <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: "'Janet Swisher'" <jmswisher -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:04:23 -0600

Janet,

At the risk of setting off an avalanche of "X of Ys," I have to say that
a "Period of Doc" would be very cool:). Even in the absence of a
program, there is nothing stopping organizations from proposing doc
projects in GSoC (though be aware that the mentoring organization
deadline is past for this year). I specifically mentioned documentation
in our proposal, though I also made it clear that documentation was one
part of the program, not all of it. I don't know how they would react to
a 100% doc project.

Thanks for volunteering to ba a mentor. I suggest you go to our wiki
(http://docbook.xmlpress.net), sign up, then add your name to the mentor
list on the front page. I will be calling on the mentors to evaluate
proposals, so you would get a chance to see what's being proposed and
help select the proposals we'll be taking.

Best Regards,
Dick

XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators