RE: Top 10 mistakes unstructured FrameMaker Users make in content before translation

Subject: RE: Top 10 mistakes unstructured FrameMaker Users make in content before translation
From: "Maxwell Hoffmann" <mhoffmann -at- globalizationpartners -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 04:25:18 -0700

Keith,

I agree with you completely. It is nearly always ignorance, or lack of
access to the proper information. Many USA companies who do localize have
content creators and tech writers in a different department or under a
different budget than the group that handles language translation.

Also, many companies start out with English-only content for 3-5 years
before deciding to reach global markets in target languages. By that time
there can be thousands of pages of legacy documentation that was not created
in an optimal manner. I will be writing more blogs on simple things that
writers can do during authoring to economize in translation, with structured
and unstructured data.

Maxwell  Hoffmann
Director, Document Globalization Practice
Globalization Partners International (GPI)    -- direct: 503.336-5952
skype: maxwell.hoffmann
Follow GPI on Twitter: http://twitter.com/GPITranslates
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/maxwellhoffmann