Re: Vendor tricks (was Which would you prefer and why? (Help Tool))

Subject: Re: Vendor tricks (was Which would you prefer and why? (Help Tool))
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:00:12 -0400

Blue Sky marketing was ridiculous and annoying.

Pricing for HelpServer is buried in their Introduction manual. Why, I
have no idea.
http://help.helpserver.be/production/servlet/t4st.helpserver.ws.pm.TPgm?REQ=H&FU=STOPIC&DKEY=BT11950235429300

I've never used the product. I just like to Google things before
weighing in on them. It took a little effort to find (search for
'HelpServer 4st pricing').

I do agree that pricing info needs to be stated up front on the
product page or be reachable via a very noticeable link on the product
page. Even if pricing is "complicated" as with client-server
multi-author solutions, at least explain the pricing model if you
can't quote a price, and give an example using real-life numbers
(company X needed to be able to publish print and online in 5
languages and has 10 writers at $200 per author seat, a $5000 server
component for CM/compiling, and the $2000 language validation/TMS
server plugin).

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com