RE: Agile Tech writing

Subject: RE: Agile Tech writing
From: "Zuercher, Darrell" <dzuerche -at- tva -dot- gov>
To: <magk -at- mindspring -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:22:54 -0400

Gina,

These are 175 individual, named software applications. They have been
developed over a number of years, using VB6, PowerBuilder, ASP,
Silverlight, and numerous other technologies. We have begun a
disciplined review of all of the applications to determine where
functional overlap occurs, or where functional need has ended, so that
we can reduce that number. At last count--from at least a year ago--we
have over 500 different configuration items (data sources, services,
shared dll's, etc.) associated with these 175 applications.

--Darrell